About Me

My photo
"I'm writing the story of my life... The problem is I'm writing in pen, so I cannot erase my mistakes."

Sunday, May 1, 2011

It's the little things

Yesterday my fiance, Tyler, and I babysat for some close friends. They have one baby boy and he is SO STINKING CUTE!!!! I played with the baby for a loooonnnng time and loved every second of it. I loved how he'd smile wide when I touched my nose to his. I loved how he was so facinated with my long dark hair that he just HAD to taste it, as much as I tried to keep it out of his reach. It's hard when it's so long. I loved how the simplest things made him stare in wonder and awe. He had to touch it, taste it, shake it, and eventually got bored with it. He'd whimper and look up at me with a smile as if to say, "This is nice, but what else can we play with?"

For the most part, Tyler played video games and watched movies. Mom says thats a glimps of married life. Don't get me wrong, he's far from lazy. I think he did it because he knew just how much I love playing with babies. Tyler works in a hospital and gets to play with the babies there every morning, and I think he was just letting me have my turn to play with one. He did play with the baby when I needed a break here and there. The baby adored him. He'd smile and giggle and grab at his nose. My favorite part was when Tyler held the baby while we ate our pizza dinner. I took a mental picture to keep forever. Tyler was sitting on the couch, the baby bouncing in one arm, a pizza in the other hand, his eyes glued to the T.V. He's going to be a great daddy!

We are looking to get a Boston Terrier puppy tomorrow, hopefully. She's a cutie, so we need to try to get there before anyone else does, and tomorrow is our only chance. We wanted to call her Mickey, but Ty is also liking the name Becky. Personally, I want a brindle one and name it something like Penny or Rusty. Or name the one we are going to get Winefred and call her Winnie. Like Winnie the Pooh! I think the puppy attempt was to help me not get baby hungry once we are married. Tyler already has a husky dog of his own. But getting this puppy is so exciting!!! We even went to PetSmart to look at collars, toys, beds, and food! I really really REALLY hope we can get this one, AND agree on a name. Tyler is paying for it, so I'll let him name her.

The puppy is going to have a crazy schedule. My family and I will take her nights and mornings. Tyler works until noon, so he'll pick her up then and spend time with her until I get out of school. Then Tyler and I will both train her and play with her until it's time for me to go home, and I'll take her with me. Except Tyler gets her on the weekends. My family already has a Boston Terrier named Molly. She's a cute little nut, but we're curious to see how she reacts to the puppy. Once, we tried to see what would happen if Molly met Ty's husky, Sierra. Molly's hair stood up as if to make her bigger, and she stood her ground. Sierra, who may be big but is usually afraid of everything, seemed more confused and curious by my little dog. Molly thinks she is so big and bad. Sierra cocked her head and placed her paw on Molly's head as if to say, "Why is it so little??" Molly didn't like that too much. They got along for the most part.

My fingers are crossed for the new puppy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment